Tag: TMZ

Meek Mill Heads to Prison to Start His Sentence Despite Public Outcry

Meek Mill is inmate ND8400 at state prison in Camp Hill, but how he ended up there is the source of much debate. His supporters see the man behind the musician, a 30 year old suffering from an opioid addiction and being made an example of by a Philadelphia judge. He popped some wheelies on his dirt bike, traveled outside of Pennsylvania for shows and got into an altercation with a St. Louis airport employee who was taking his photo. That unfairly yielded 2 to 4 years in prison, according to more than 250,000 people who've signed a petition asking Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Wolf for help. Dozens of celebrities have also expressed support for Mills and slammed the racial disparities in the criminal justice system. Common Pleas Court Judge Genece Brinkley is part of that system. She sees a man who has been in an out of her courtroom for a decade, defying her 10-year probation order. "I gave you break after break, and you basically just thumbed your nose at this court," she said during sentencing Monday. She sees the man known legally as Robert Rihmeek William, who was on probation since a 2008 conviction for dealing drugs and gun possession. He's the Philly rapper with a national audience, who was arrested twice this year: March. He was charged with a misdemeanor for an altercation with a St. Louis airport employee who was trying to take his photo August. He was charged with reckless driving while filming a music video and illegally riding his dirt bike in Manhattan. Charges were dropped in the first case and Mills took a dismissal deal in the second, according to the New York Times. 'Enamored' judge Brinkley is a focal point in the case, partially because critics disagree with her sentence and partially because Mill's attorney has made her one. One of Mill's attorneys, Joe Tacopina, told the New York Times that Brinkley has acted inappropriately during the case, including giving advice on who should be his manager. The judge has also been vindictive, he said. Tacopina said Brinkley asked Mills to do a remake of Boyz II Men's "On Bended Knee" and mention her name, according to Philly.com. Mill laughed it off, the attorney told Philly.com, ultimately telling the judge, "I can't do that. It's not my music. I don't sing that stuff. And I don't do, like, you know, shout-outs to people in my songs." Brinkley responded with, "OK, suit yourself," Tacopina said. He told CNN Brinkley's behavior was "a little stalkerish," claiming last year she showed up at Mill's "community service for the homeless" and "watched him do community service." The judge hasn't responded to the allegations. The Philadelphia court system spokesman, Gabriel Roberts, on Wednesday issued a short statement: "Because this matter is subject to future litigation, there will be no comment at this time." Tacopina said on CNN he will appeal the sentence issued by Brinkley, who has "exhibited enormous bias" and is "enamored" with Mill and takes "a personal interest in the case." 'I'm asking for mercy' The New York City lawyer describes his client as "frustrated." "He's being treated different than anyone else," Tacopina said on CNN Thursday. "If his name was John Smith, he wouldn't be in jail and he certainly wouldn't be on probation. He's been on probation for nearly 10 years. Nobody goes on probation for 10 years." Mill initially had a five-year probation. Brinkley extended it after after additional violations. The rapper was previously sent to prison in July 2014 for parole violations related to performing out of state without permission. Brinkley ordered Mill to take etiquette classes. Mill told Billboard magazine he spent most of that prison stay in solitary confinement. He spoke briefly in court this week before sentencing. "I'm human. I'm not perfect," Mill said, according to a report from Philly.com. "I'm asking for mercy. You gave me the ladder to do what I have to do to prevail in my struggle. I made it this far, I can't really go back and start over." That's when Brinkley said, "I gave you break after break, and you basically just thumbed your nose at this court." Brinkley issued the 2 to 4 year sentence, going against the recommendation of the prosecution. Both the district attorney and Mill's probation officer recommended "no incarceration." Seeking help from Gov. Wolf Celebrities and supporters on Monday joined a chorus of people admonishing Brinkley for her sentence. "The sentence handed down by the Judge -- against the recommendation of the Assistant District Attorney and Probation Officer -- is unjust and heavy handed," rapper Jay-Z posted on Facebook Monday. "We will always stand by and support Meek Mill, both as he attempts to right this wrongful sentence and then in returning to his musical career." Comedian and actor Kevin Hart shared this: "Praying for my brother @meekmill right now. God sometimes puts the toughest battles on his strongest soldiers. I'm here for you man!!!! My brother for life...Always here for you man!!! This storm will pass...Stay strong & keep your head up" A petition for Mill's release started almost immediately. It's called "Somebody Save Meek Mill" and it had more than 257,000 signatures as of early Saturday morning. The thousands of signers are asking Gov. Tom Wolf, Lt. Gov. Mike Stack and the Pennsylvania Board of Pardons for help. The petition says: "We humbly ask for the Pennsylvania Board of Pardons to grant relief in his sentence and call on Governor Tom Wolf to closely look into this matter and address why Meek, and thousands of other young, black men throughout the state are unnecessarily incarcerated for minor parole and probation violations."  

Read More

Sylvester Stallone Announces He Will Direct Michael B. Jordan in ‘Creed 2’

Sylvester Stallone announced on Instagram that he will be directing “Creed 2.” “Looking forward to directing and Producing The incredibly talented Michael B Jordan in CREED 2 next year … One more Round!,” wrote Stallone..... Stallone has previously said he had completed writing the first draft of the script for “Creed 2” and hinted he is bringing back Dolph Lundgren’s Ivan Drago character (and presumedly his offspring) from “Rocky 4.” Last month Stallone also announced production would begin in 2018, although distributor MGM told Variety the project was still in development. In addition to writing and starring in the original “Rocky,” Stallone had directed four of the previous sequels, including “Rocky Balboa” — made 30 years after the original, when Stallone was 60 years old — which was assumed to bring closure to the successful franchise. Looking forward to directing and Producing The incredibly talented Michael B Jordan in CREED 2 next year ... One more Round ! #creed2 #mgm #fighting #workout #exercise #boxing A post shared by Sly Stallone (@officialslystallone) on Oct 9, 2017 at 5:59pm PDT Close to a decade later, writer/director Ryan Coogler — fresh of the success of his Sundance breakout “Fruitvale Station” — convinced Stallone to come back as Rocky. Ryan Coogler’s “Creed” was one of the smartest, most original franchise reboots to come out of Hollywood. Focusing on the estranged son (Jordan) of the late Apollo Creed (Carl Weathers) — Rocky’s greatest opponent turned best friend — Coogler reinvented the mentor-boxer relationship at the heart of the “Rocky” films, while telling an African American boxing story in a franchise that was rooted in the lore of “The Great White Hope.” In addition to being a box office success, “Creed” also gave Stallone an incredible acting opportunity, as he went into the 2015 Academy Awards the favorite to win the Best Support Actor award, which went to Mark Rylance (“Bridge of Spies”). For his part, Coogler has become one of the busiest and most sought after directors in Hollywood since the success of “Creed.” While the buzz on his summer Marvel film “Black Panther” is off the charts, he is also preparing “Wrong Answer,” which will star Jordan and is based on script written by nonfiction author Ta-Nehisi Coates.  

Read More

Usher Reportedly Doesn’t Have Herpes, Plans To Take Legal Action Against Accusers

The tables have continued to turn in the ongoing case against Usher and his health status. New information has reportedly come to light clearing the singer of exposing an STD to the accusers. Sandra Rose reports a close member of the singer’s camp dispelled claims the singer paid his former babysitter and celebrity stylist Maya Fox-Davis $1.1 million in the case brought to light by Radar Online. The source added the court documents shown are the site aren’t facts, but mere accusations that weren’t proven to be true in court. The site also adds the image of the $2,754-check made out to Fox-Davis was from accounting firm David Weise & Associates for her babysitting services in 2012. The source continued to question the authenticity of the documents which haven’t been shared, just referenced by any other news or gossip site–including TMZ. The singer has kept quiet on all the claims because he has his own plan to launch a defamation case against the accusers and their legal representation. It isn’t known if the defamation suit would apply to the later accusers. On Monday (Aug. 8), former Usher fan Quantasia Sharpton held a press conference with lawyer Lisa Bloom, claiming she was exposed to herpes after having sex with the singer after meeting at his concert. Sharpton, admitted she tested negative for the STD while Bloom agreed she didn’t know for sure if the singer had the disease. On Tuesday (Aug. 8) social posts from Sharpton showed her discussing her financial situation, explaining that she “needed money.” “Enjoying [her] last couple of hours as a regular girl,” she posted under the alias Angel Valentino on Facebook, just hours before her press conference with Bloom. Take a look at the court documents in question, here.

Read More

Woman claims she contracted herpes from Usher, seeks $20M in lawsuit

 A woman who accused Usher of exposing her to herpes now confirms she contracted the STD. The “U Got It Bad” singer, after a $1.1 million settlement with a woman who claimed he infected her with herpes, now faces a $20 million lawsuit from a second woman, who just days ago filed suit for $10 million and has now upped her demands after finding out she contracted the disease, TMZ reports. Jane Doe, as she is referred to in the suit, reportedly found out the results on Saturday and was "devastated," according to the gossip site. She increased her demands after learning she tested positive, citing emotional distress, medical bills and punitive damages, according to TMZ. She claims she performed oral sex on Usher and had sex with him while using a condom during an April encounter in Atlanta, and that the pair then had unprotected sex days later in New Orleans, TMZ reports. She insists she never would have slept with Usher if she was aware he was infected. The suit alleges Usher never warned the woman that he was carrying the herpes virus — and she only recently learned she could be infected after reading recent reports that the "U Got it Bad" singer paid $1.1 million to another woman who claimed the R&B star infected her with herpes. RadarOnline published documents pertaining to the 2012 settlement, in which the stylist accused him of infecting her. The suit alleges Usher Raymond IV was diagnosed with herpes in 2009 or 2010 — around the time he split from his first wife Tameka Foster. The "Confessions" singer married a former executive chef for "The Cosby Show," Grace Miguel, in 2010. Usher has yet to publicly comment on the allegations.

Read More